Wednesday 14 March 2012

Illustration: Map Of Dreams Inspiration

Aubrey Beardsley
Aubrey Beardsley's floaty, grotesque imagery captured the dreamy imagery I imagined for my map. Beardsley's lines grow across the page and connect different realms of the image. There are random movements but connections are still made, like the course of a dream.

One of the main reasons I chose to project on dreams was because it's a subject I have always been interested in.
My dreams often influence my drawings and I wanted to learn more about their scientific background.
Neuron Cells

I watched a film called "Dangerous Dreams". Amy Hardy a scientist and film maker created a personal film documents her own experiences with dreams and uses scientific research to explain the nature of dreams.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dangerous-dreams
[Heres the link to the film, it's worth a watch]

I learned that dreams are essentially a way of making sense of the subconscious. The electrical signals and brainwaves that are created in a dreaming state are the same as those produced when learning and being creative.




No comments:

Post a Comment